Your rights as a Volunteer
- In accordance with our Code of Conduct, IFYS expects all employees and volunteers to treat each other with respect, integrity, honesty and dignity.
- A condition of volunteering with IFYS is that you adhere to our policies and procedures.
- IFYS will cover all costs associated with volunteer screening and support all volunteers to undertake the necessary checks prior to the commencement of the role. Checks may include:
- National Criminal history
- Working with Children
- Blue card
- Yellow card
Your safety and the safety of those in our programs and services is of utmost importance to us.
IFYS provides Volunteers with:
- A safe and healthy enviroment whilst volunteering
- Sufficient training
- Interviews that are in accordance with equal opportunity and anti-discrimination legislation
- Access to a grievance procedure
- Reimbursed for any approved out of pocket expenses
- Up to date information about IFYS and any changes that might affect your volunteering role
Our expectations of Volunteers
- Arrive on time and provide notice if your circumstances change
- Report all injuries, hazards and near misses
- Respect confidentiality and privacy
- Adhere to the volunteer code of conduct at all times
- Ask for support when needed
- Undertake training as required
- Treat everyone with respect, honesty, integrity and dignity